Blogger Recognition Award
Hello readers! I hope you all are having a wonderful day. I here today with the Blogger Recognition Award. (For the second time.) A huge thank you to Lynn Abbott from Lynn Abbott Studies/Through Ink & Image for nominating me for this award. She has such a lovely blog and is an amazing artist. If you have a minute, you should head over to her blog and give her a follow!
RULES FOR THIS AWARD:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
WHY I STARTED BLOGGING:
Looking back, I’m really not sure exactly why I decided to start blogging……. I think it was one of my many random, crazy ideas that I really had no clue was actually going to take off in the way that it did! If you know me, you know that I can be QUITE spontaneous when it comes to decision making or starting a new project…. Which in the case of just randomly deciding to start this blog, I would say that was one of my ideas that has been turning out pretty well. Starting out, I really had no idea what I wanted to blog about or what the basic “theme” of this blog would be. But then after thinking about the name I had chosen, I realized that I should just do my best to write about life! So to put it simply, that’s what I try to do. My main goal with this blog is to write relatable posts that will be a blessing and encouragement to others; and to inspire them to do their best to live a sweet and simple life, the way that God intended! It has been quite the journey over the past year, and I have definitely learned so many things about blogging and what it takes to run a semi-successful blog. And hopefully I will continue learning a lot more in the years to come!
MY ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS:
- Be original. When you are first starting your blog, it may seem easy to “copycat” off of someone else’s blog. Reading other blogs and blog posts are great ways to discover new blog ideas, but do your best to still keep your blog original. Don’t try to completely mimic other bloggers writing styles, blog design, etc. Your blog should clearly be YOURS. Don’t try to act like your favorite blogger, don’t mimic your favorite post, just be you!
- Quality over quantity. Seriously. I can’t say this enough. Let’s be honest, blogging can be stressful sometimes. Way, way stressful. You have readers, subscribers, comments to reply to, posts to write and schedule, images to edit, and on and on the list goes. In order to run a successful blog, you could easily spend hours upon hours a day blogging. But if you are like me, I don’t want blogging to take over my life! Don’t stress about making sure that you post every. single. day. Or even 3 times a week. If you are able to do that, great! But if not, it’s gonna be okay! Don’t post, just to post. I have seen so many blogs where they have daily posts, but, well, they usually aren’t that great. Yes, some bloggers are somehow able to miraculously post everyday and still have an amazing blog. (I have no idea how they do it.) But that is usually the exception, not the norm. I admit that sometimes I have gone weeks without writing or publishing a single post. Why? Well, probably the number one reason is because writers block is REAL, people. It’s so, so real. Sometimes, it just seems IMPOSSIBLE to write a post that is actually blog worthy. I’m not saying that every post needs to go viral and be amazing; I’m just saying, if you write a post that you know is awful, don’t post it just because you have nothing else to post. Never ever sacrifice the quality of your blog posts for quantity!
(Sorry guys, the link editor isn’t working at all)
The Sea Calls Us Home https://singingtothesea.wordpress.com/
Adventure For All https://adventureforall.wordpress.com/
Northern Hearts Alaska https://northernheartsalaska.wordpress.com/
Grace Marchiani/Craft Time https://gmarchiani.wordpress.com/blog/
Purely Olivia https://purelyolivia.wordpress.com/
Simply Megan Joy https://simplymeganjoy.wordpress.com/
Embracing The Moment https://agirllovinglife.wordpress.com/