Hello everyone! I’m here today because I’ve been nominated for the Liebster’s Blogging Award by the sweet Lizzy from Learning To Live: Struggling To Thrive. Are you wondering what this is all about? Well, The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers from other bloggers. It promotes a supportive community for us bloggers and gives new bloggers support, motivation, and recognition. The rules for receiving a nomination are as follows:
Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
Give those nominated blogs 11 questions to answer.
So now that you understand what’s going on, let’s get on to Lizzy’s questions!
What is your favorite movie? I don’t think I really have an actual favorite… The Magic Of Ordinary Days is definitely one that I really enjoy. Also, Loving Leah is a pretty good one too. (Yes, I enjoy super cheesy, predictable movies…..) OH! Ever After, with Drew Barrymore is also one of my favorites. Cause I mean, come on, what girl wouldn’t want to watch a realistic version of Cinderella?!?! And yes, Ever After is the reason that I begin to seriously think that Cinderella could’ve been based off of a true story. I have no proof, but I’m sticking to my ideas unless I’m proved wrong. 😉
Who is your favorite singer? Well…… Again, I don’t think I actually have a FAVORITE, but the first to come to mind is Jessica Willis from the Willis Clan family band. She has such a unique, beautiful voice. I especially love her celtic songs. (If you haven’t listened to her families 1st celtic album, Roots, you need to! It’s definitely one of my favorites. You can find it on YouTube)
How many siblings do you have? 2 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters.
Do you have a favorite place in your house? I’d probably say my bedroom, since that’s where I am for blogging, studying, etc. which takes up quite a lot of my time. Because of that, I try to keep it as clean, cozy, and organized as possible. And in the evenings, candles and oil lamps are my favorite lighting source, so that definitely adds to the warm and cozy feel!
Do you like gardening or painting more? Gardening. Definitely gardening. I am so, so excited to be able to start mulching and planting and transplanting and yes, even weeding as soon as the first sign of springtime comes!
Do you live in the country, city, or in-between? In-between. Literally. We are surrounded by farm land and forests, but our house is one that’s on 2 little streets of residential homes. I would be perfectly happy with living beyond the middle of nowhere, but at least the area where we live is super nice, plus most of the neighbors are retirement age so it’s really quiet too.
Do you have any pets? Yes, a dog and a cat.
Tea or coffee? Tea. Coffee. No, tea. Actually, no, coffee. Well, I actually don’t know if I prefer one more than the other. I enjoy them both.
Earrings or Necklaces? Normally, Earrings. I will wear necklaces, but I prefer them very small and dainty.
What did you do today? Well let’s see…. Mainly, school, cleaning, work, went out to lunch with a lady from church, more school, more misc. work, drove the siblings to their music lessons, ran to the store, and wrote a blog post. (Plus a lot more little things thrown in here and there.)
What is your favorite thing about being a blogger? I think I would have to say the positive feedback I get from other people and other bloggers. I totally love hearing that someone was inspired, challenged, or encouraged by one of my posts!
So now, 11 random facts about me……
- I am really, really, and I seriously mean REALLY bad about coming up with random facts about myself or trying to introduce myself……
- I’m an introvert and not at all a social butterfly. BUT, I will make myself put a smile on my face and be outgoing and friendly with people, because I don’t want to come across as rude…… But also, even though I’m friendly, I don’t actually “open up” to people quickly at all, if that makes any sense?!
- In contrast to the last one, If you ask my 2 best friends if I’m a quiet person who keeps to myself, they would probably say no, I never stop talking and sometimes bug them to death….(Hey, I’m not apologizing though, they literally signed up for it. It’s in the super fine print of the friendship contract that we have. Oh, umm, no, I mean the one that we totally DON’T have, because that would be really weird.) Ha ha, Okay, moving on now…….
- I can’t stand big, gaudy jewelry. Just no, no, no, and no.
- Nothing bugs me more than people who just make excuses about everything, and/or think they are the greatest thing in the world.
- I write in my journals/diaries often.
- I have no clue whether or not I’m going to decide to go to college this year.
- I used to take art lessons (and had an amazing teacher) but I actually quit after a year because even though I was a half decent artist, I just couldn’t stand it.
- I really enjoy hand lettering.
- I very rarely follow recipes in my cooking & baking.
- I’m not a huge fan of chocolate.
And there we go! Done! Now for my nominations. I nominate…… All of these people listed down below, as well as anyone else who would like to do it. If you would like to do it, just leave me a comment down below, and I will gladly add your name to the list.
Okay…. so I was trying to nominate a few newer/undiscovered blogs, (well, at least to me since I just recently found them) but I still can’t come up with 11….. So, if you would like to do this tag, that would be great! Comment down below and let me know!
Here are your questions to answer!
- What is your favorite song and/or album?
- What is the last book you read?
- What is something that annoys you?
- What’s your favorite flower?
- What’s your favorite blog to read?
- What’s your favorite drink? Hot or cold?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What is/was your favorite school subject?
- If you had to fast forward your life 10 years, or go back 10 years, right now, which would you choose?
- Do you consider yourself an organized person?
- What’s a valuable life lesson that you have learned?